Wednesday 4/15/20

Good Morning 4th Grade 🌞!

-Reading πŸ“š:  Read Chapters 5 and 6 in Holes today, pages 16-25. Write a Chapter Title for each.  These chapters start to have a lot of Flashbacks, where the story changes setting to a different time and place, and then goes back to the present day.  If there are students who are having trouble following this story structure, please ask me and I'll help. Has anyone tried the Holes Audio Book read-aloud on YouTube?  If so, how is that going? Check in with me via email or chat on Google Hangouts to let me know.

-Math Main Group➕➖✖➗: No assignment today 😦.

-Math Undecomposable Group: Spend 30 minutes in IXL working on the starred skills in Section T. 
Cante, Zimre, have you finished the Mod 5 Test?  Email me.

-PE πŸ’ͺπŸƒ‍♀️🀸‍♂️🀸‍♀️🚴‍♂️🚴‍♀️πŸ‘Ÿ: Don't forget to get out (or stay in) and EXERCISE every day. Keep track of your minutes on Coach's Activity Log that he emailed out to parents.

-Music 🎡🎢🎸🎹πŸ₯πŸŽ»πŸŽΊπŸŽ· : A song and video link from Ms. Tara
"From A Distance" by Julie Gold, with some modifications by Ms. Tara
From a distance the world looks blue and green,
and the snow-capped mountains white.
From a distance the ocean meets the stream,
and the eagle takes to flight.
From a distance, there is harmony,
and it echoes through the land.
It's the voice of hope, it's the voice of peace,
it's the voice of everyone.

From a distance we all have enough,
and no one is in need.
There are no guns, no bombs, no disease,
no hungry mouths to feed.
From a distance we are instruments
marching in a common band.
Playing songs of hope, playing songs of peace.
They're the songs of everyone.
Love is holding us. Love is holding us.
Love is holding us from a distance.

From a distance you look like my friend,
even though we are at war.
From a distance I can’t comprehend
what all this fighting is for.
From a distance there is harmony,
and it echoes through the land.
And it's the hope of hopes, it's the love of loves,
it's the heart of everyone.

It's the hope of hopes, it's the love of loves.
It’s the song of everyone.

-Spanish πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡²πŸ‡½πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ: Use Google Classroom to keep up with Spanish work. Preguntas❓Email Mrs. Molina at rmolina@taoscharterschool.org 

-Art: A Message from Ms. Katie: 
Hi GUYS! 
I hope you had a good time in the beautiful weather, I know some of you do special things at Easter…maybe you found new  ways to celebrate the birth of Spring.  Even picking flowers and putting them in a vase is ART.


Did anyone besides Sofia make something cool last week? She sent me a PHOTO of her work and it was really unusual…I know how artistic and creative you all are in this class. Did you make some art?           Please SEND to me -my Email is     kwoodall@taoscharterschool.org
You can send me your ideas about what you would LIKE to do also.  And remember, there are drawing ideas on the list from last week you can still respond to.
By the way, I am planning a Youth Art Show for when we can all go out and do things again. I WANT YOUR ART TO BE IN THE SHOW: It will be called YOUTH ART IN QUARANTINE. That’s especially why I want to see your pictures of your art. It can be about ANYTHING, and in any media. Because I think that your art is IMPORTANT.
So for a new idea This week:
I drew this so I could let you see. You can make anything you want out of Paper mache. You can do art on your front porch, in the beautiful weather, or wherever.



PLEASE send me pics of your cool stuff!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the TCS 4th Grade Blog!

Welcome Parents and Students!