A note from Mr. Bonner:

Hi 4th Graders! Yesterday, Mr. Evans delivered the get-well card that you all signed for me. Thank you so much! Reading all your messages made me feel a lot better. It's been nine days since my surgery, and I'm recovering at home and feeling stronger every day. Today, I drove my car for the first time since the surgery, and went down to Baca Park and took a short walk using my crutches a little, but it was mostly on my own, and my new hip felt really good! Tomorrow I'll try to do a longer walk. If I keep exercising and doing physical therapy, next week I'll be able to put away the crutches and start walking using only a cane. However, the thing is, I don't really want to use a cane, so I'll be using a ski pole instead! Every time I use it, it will remind me to work harder so that I can be ready to ski with all of you for Ski Club up at TSV this winter. A cane just wouldn't do that for me.

My doctor told me that with enough therapy and exercise, that I'll be ready to take over as the starting middle linebacker for the Buffalo Bills in 3 weeks. Just kidding, that job is already taken by Zach Brown, and he's having a really good season. Anyway, my doctor said I'll probably be cleared to come back to school on Tuesday, November 1st. I miss working with you guys every day, and I look forward to being back at school. Until then, I expect you all to continue being cooperative and respectful to each other, and especially to Mr. Cooper. I really appreciate his hard work and positive attitude, and I hope you all appreciate him as well. He has a lot of great skills to teach and share with you, so stay focused, keep working hard, and LISTEN.

See you all soon! MB

PS: I hope you guys have a great swim lesson on Friday. Remember to bring a towel and a swimsuit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the TCS 4th Grade Blog!

Welcome Parents and Students!